Brown and Hurley is an award-winning dealer of new and used commercial trucks and trailers. We’ve been supplying the highest quality trucks and trailers to a diverse range of applications from multiple branches across Northern New South Wales and Queensland since 1946.
We are currently looking to recruit qualified and experienced Truck Mechanics from the U.K. and Ireland, preferably from a DAF or Kenworth dealership background.
The successful candidate will be trade qualified and have a minimum of 5 years recent and relevant dealership experience. Candidates from other branded dealerships may be considered if up to date training on diagnostic software has been completed.
The positions are in a number of locations across Queensland. From the bright lights of the Gold Coast to the technicolour underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland has a piece of paradise to suit everyone.
All suitable applicants will complete pre-registration with GlobalForce Resource before being presented to Brown and Hurley for a Skype/face to face interview. Supporting documentation will be required to complete registration.
Provide technical and mechanical services and assist in the effective operation of the service department
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Diagnose mechanical faults/issues
- Carry out general servicing and repair
- Keep work area clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure company and personal tools are looked after and well maintained
- Ensure work is completed on time and correctly
- Train apprentices and colleagues
- Complete job cards for completed work
- Participate in an on call/breakdown roster when required
- Ensure all work carried out is checked by your foreperson or QA
- Perform all duties safely
- Attend training courses when requested
- Any other duties as directed by the manager
- Recognised HGV Mechanic trade qualification
5 years recent and relevant post qualification experience preferably from a DAF or Kenworth dealership
- Candidates from other branded dealerships may be considered if up to date training on diagnostic software has been completed
- HGV Driving Licence
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong workmanship
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Sound customer service skills
- Sound DAF and Kenworth knowledge
- Sound problem diagnostic and resolution skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to multitask
- Hourly rate AUD: $27 – $32 (DEPENDING ON RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE) + 9.5% superannuation + overtime/weekend rates if worked
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Assistance in finding suitable accommodation
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you meet the criteria for this opportunity and are serious about relocating to Australia, please send your CV to Aisha Browne: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me for a confidential chat on 0203 432 8597 (U.K.) or 015240147 (Ireland).