Heavy Truck Mechanic – Vancouver – Canada
Are you looking for a challenging & rewarding career in a new country at a leading heavy truck dealership? Then look no further.
Globalforce Resource Ltd. are working alongside our client to recruit a HGV Mechanic.
Our client is a leading medium and heavy truck dealer based close to Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Proud to be a part of the renowned International truck franchise, they specialize in the sale of heavy & medium trucks and parts & service as well
As an employee-focused company; they provide an excellent work environment, competitive salary, stability and career progression.
Globalforce are currently accepting applications for qualified Truck Mechanics who have a completed apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or similar experience and at least 1 year additional experience as a Heavy Truck Mechanic.
This position will be based in the Vancouver, Canada
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals
- Performing general & preventative maintenance services
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical & electrical failures
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer’s specifications and Government standards
- Document serial number & record repair story on work order noting problems encountered during repairs
- Notify Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work
- Qualified Heavy Commercial Vehicle Truck Mechanic (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years previous experience in vehicle maintenance and repair in the medium / heavy duty truck industry ideally from an approved truck dealer
- High degree of product and technical knowledge
- Strong diagnostics capabilities
- Must be organized & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations
- Experience working on all makes of highway commercial vehicles an asset
- Cummins knowledge and vehicle inspection experience is preferred
What can a career with our client can offer you?
- Excellent compensation package
- Certified Premiums
- Variety of shifts
- Tool & Boot allowance
- Competitive benefits package including dental & vision
- Retirement program
- Access to the latest training and technology
- Hourly rate paid for all training as per guidelines
- Opportunity to work with a trusted and valued product line
- Support and leadership from a strong dealership network
- Strive to provide employees with a great team atmosphere that facilitates growth and opportunity
** The Canadian Employer are supporting individual’s Work Permits and also Express Entry for Permanent Residency applications for successful and committed candidates.**
**Please note that Globalforce do not charge a fee for our service to applicants **
For more information on this opportunity and similar, please contact Aisha on UK: 02 034328597 or IRL: 01 2104526
APPLY NOW: Submit a copy of your CV to Aisha by email to
Globalforce are an international recruitment agency specialising in the mechanical trades. We have helped over 400 mechanics find jobs and begin new exciting lives in Canada, New Zealand and Australia! These countries are known for having a high qualify of life, and are always at the top of the rankings for the best countries to live in in the world! We will find you a job in these countries and we will help you with the whole relocation process too, and our service are free of charge to you! So if you are working in the mechanical trades and are interested in any of these countries, then check out our other jobs or simply Apply and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and our recruitment consultant will call you to discuss more details about this unique opportunity!
Reference Number: CMLANG