GlobalForce Resource Ltd is working in partnership with VTNZ to recruit 15 HGV Mechanics for Vehicle Inspector positions across New Zealand. VTNZ is the leading provider of vehicles inspections in NZ with over 80 stations around the country. The company was recently awarded Best Workplace 2014 in the IBM Kenexa Awards. VTNZ is a private company with over 800 employees and is now part of the DEKRA Ltd worldwide group.
Why New Zealand? Some of the many reasons include:
- Recently ranked as the 3rd best country in the world to live in
- Amazing geography with a temperate climate surrounded by the Pacific and Tasman Oceans.
- No matter where you live in New Zealand, you are probably less than an hour from the ocean and less than 4 hours from a ski field. Which means on the same day you can mountain bike, snowboard and surf.
The role of the Vehicle Inspector is to:
- Perform motor vehicle testing and inspections to ensure safety, roadworthiness and legal and complete all supporting administration documentation
- Provide friendly and effective administration processing of VTNZ products and services
- Promote and sell additional products and services
Skills and Qualifications:
Qualified candidates should have the following skill set:
- Trade qualified HGV Mechanic with NVQ Level 3 in Automotive Maintenance and Repair or City & Guilds Level 3 plus 3 years truck repair and maintenance experience.
- Alternatively, a Truck Mechanic who has worked in full time employment carrying out repairs and maintenance on trucks for at least 5 cumulative years.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service by providing a courteous and helpful service to new and returning customers
- Committed to inspecting vehicles to ensure they meet the safety standards set by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA)
- Liaise with customers on the outcome of the inspection
- Promote and sell customers additional products and services
- Obtain data form and input data into computer or other systems as necessary
- Keep record of results and notes relevant to the inspection
- Issue accurate Warrants of Fitness (WoF) and Certificates of Fitness labels as required by NZTA
- Receive and maintain accurate payments for all NZTA products and vehicle inspections
- Administer daily cash-up and banking procedures as required including daily and weekly reconciliations
- Maintain and follow best practice processes and procedures
- Adhere to all relevant security policy practices
- Excellent team player
- ‘Can Do’ approach to work
- Punctual and time conscious individual
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Full Drivers Licence
- Heavy Goods Drivers Licence preferred but not essential
- Excellent Hourly salary rates between $28 – $30 p/h depending on relevant skills, experience and location of position
- Opportunity to earn an annual incentive, supplier discounts, medical insurance and an opportunity to win individual and team awards
- Committed to assisting with relocation expenses up to $5000.00 and in addition will offer successful candidates 2 weeks accommodation on arrival
- Superb working conditions
- Paid Holidays
- Assistance with gaining a working visa for New Zealand
GlobalForce would be happy to speak to any potential candidates regarding the roles. So, if you are serious about relocating and keen to pursue your career in the automotive industry please contact us immediately.
For more information, please contact GlobalForce Resource on 020 34328597 (U.K.) or 01 2104526.
Alternatively email applications.