GlobalForce Resource Ltd are working in partnership with OpenRoad Group to recruit up to 9 qualified and experienced Motor Mechanics, preferably from a BMW, Toyota or Audi dealership background. The successful candidate will be trade qualified and have a minimum of 3 to 5 years recent and relevant dealership experience. Candidates from independent garages may be considered if up to date training on diagnostic software has been completed.
The positions are located in British Columbia (BC), Canada. BC is a highly sought after living location. It is renowned for its beautiful sunrises, fantastic skiing opportunities, it’s wine country, superb choice of food and beverage, surfing in Tofino, relaxing in the hot springs, excellent places to camp, many trails to follow and if you are lucky you may spot an orca in the wild.
All suitable applicants will complete pre-registration with GlobalForce Resource before being presented to OpenRoad Auto Group for a Skype interview. Supporting documentation will be required to complete registration.
The Motor Mechanic is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. This individual will also oversee the work of any Apprentice technicians assigned to him/her.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To champion OpenRoad’s Climate Goals.
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “RUSH” or “CUSTOMER WAITING”.
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Supervise work of any Apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as required
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a trade qualified motor mechanic with 3 to 5 years recent and relevant dealership experience.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license, and ability to provide drivers abstract for review.
- $25-$35 per/hour, the rate offered will be dependent on relevant skills and experience
- Short-term accommodation on arrival
- Benefits package offered after completion of 3 month probation period
- Ongoing training opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you meet the criteria for this opportunity and are serious about relocating to Canada, please send your CV to Aisha Browne: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me for a confidential chat on 0203 432 8597 (U.K.) or 015240147 (Ireland).